Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentines Treat Holders

I already made a project for this weeks challenge which is Valentines for Kids, but this one fits the challenge also.   I made over 30 of these little boxes to hold the boxes of conversation hearts.  I stamped them with the Build a Valentine stamp set.  I also cut the hearts out with the Heart Border Metal Dies.


The scallop edge was done with the Fancy Edges Metal Dies.

I tied them shut with  Maraschino and Blossom twine.  All of the products are from My Craft Spot.









These are not a cut file…shocking I know.  I cut pieces of paper at:
for the base - 8.5 x 3.25  scored at 3  5/8 and 4.5 
use scallop die on short side
for the box part - paper 6 x 4.5 - scored at 3/4 and 1.5 on 3 sides
cut out pieces as shown in photos



click on photos to enlarge

Then just glue to the base and decorate.


6 comments:

Janis Lewis said...

I love this! Where can I get the cut file for the box?

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute Gwen!!!

rockpapercricut said...

SO cute! Wow, you made 30 of these little treat holders?!?! I lOVE how you decorated the front cover!
I really want to make some! Really really darling idea!

Ally

Lisa said...

These are so awesome, Gwen!! What fabulous Valentines gifts!! Thanks for the awesome tutorial, too!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Super DUPER cute & Yummy!!!
Awesome job!!!
You should link this up over at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*


Anonymous said...

These look so nice! The colors look great. Thanks for sharing your directions.

Evelyn