Sunday, February 19, 2012

Magnetic Paper Dolls in Tin

I made these little magnetic "paper"dolls for my little granddaughter. I thought she would have fun with them in church or in the car. The tin is from Stampin Up, it's about 4.5"x5.5" and about .5" thick. I used my printable vinyl for the front, I had to do it in 2 pieces, I could not get it to print and cut as one using CCR. The little dolls and all of their clothes were cut at 3.5", from the Best Friends cart. I set my machine to multi cut 2 times with pressure and blade at high, it did a great job. They stick very well in the tin and to each other. I hope she likes this and has fun with it.

Here is a side view of the tin.
This is the inside of the front cover, with all the little outfits.
Here's the little dolls without clothes stuck to them. Then the next picture shows them in an outfit and the next picture shows them with the outfit pushed to the side to show how it works.

10 comments:

http://ilove2cutpaper.blogspot.com/ said...

Great idea for the kids. Please could you tell me where you get your printable vinyl from?

Anonymous said...

Uau!!! Beautifull!!!
Great idea!!!
Kisses!

Sara said...

I LOVE this idea! Super cute and creative!

Jayne said...

Wow Gwen this is fab!I used to love Bunty which was a girl's magazine which had the dolls and outfits to cut out.Your granddaughter will love it! I want one for me!!
Jayne x

girlia said...

Wow Gwen you are really working your imagine. I still need to use mine more. Thanks for the inspiration

Adrian said...

This is too awesome!!!

Amie Kiger (Kigz) said...

Oh, wow! What a great idea!!! Are the dolls and clothes made with magnet material or the printable vinyl?

Sherrie K. said...

WOW, what a FUN idea!! So creative Gwen and such a great gift idea too! TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Michele Kovack said...

How cute this is for a little girl! Love it! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog...it is greatly appreciated! And I will throw your name in twice of the prize....thank you for posting my badge. HAve a great week! : )

Yvonne said...

That's very cute! I bought both sets of paper doll cartridges and have yet to make the dolls.

Yvonne