Friday, March 16, 2012

Cake in a Box?

So it is my day over at Creative Critterz Imaginations for the April's Fool post. This was a hard one I mean really, how do you make something from paper for April's Fools day? So my thought was cake in a box, you know off of the snake in a can?! I printed my papers from the yummy cart at full sheets, the tag and 2 cupcakes at 1.5". I then cut the box from sweet tooth boxes at 9" and inked all the edges. I took some craft wire about 20 gauge and wrapped it around my glue bottle to get the coil shape. I then cut a strip of paper and covered it with glue and put it over the last couple of twists of the wire and glued it down in the bottom of the box. I then glued the two cupcakes together on the top of the wire. I then carefully pushed it down into the box and put the lid on and tied with ribbon, (it won't stay on without the ribbon). So when the person opens it out pops the cupcake! When doing the wire make sure you cut it long enough to have enough spring to pop out of the box. I hope you like it!



12 comments:

Debbie said...

This is the cutest idea!! I loved those snake in a can, so this is an awesome take on it!!

Pink & Paper said...

What a smart idea. This is really cute!

Cheryl
www.pinkandpaper.com

Merilee Lane said...

Super cute!! I'll have to try this for myself--I think my grand kiddies would get a big kick out of this, lol!

Thanks for sharing,
Merilee

Beckie said...

YOUR box is awesome!!!! Such a great idea.

Please stop by my blog and hop along with us....lots of goodies to be had ;0)

Be blessed, Beckie

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so creative and fabulous, Gwen!! I love the beautiful papers you used!! What and awesome project :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

katieo said...

Gwen this is so funny I love it.

Georgiana said...

You are really on a roll with these boxes. They are ALL great!

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Sherrie K. said...

Super cute idea-love the papers:) TFS
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

~Tammy~ said...

How cute is this! What a fantastic idea! TFS!

girlia said...

So cute. Love that cupcake on a spring

Happyscrapin said...

Gwen please stop by my blog, I have an award for you.

Cathy

cindi wisdom said...

I love your boxes!! I love how you make the cuties projects. I love your cards. It's going on 10:00 pm and I want to make a fish card.! Lol
Thanks for sharing your talent with us.
Cindi_ wisdom@ yahoo.com