Monday, October 3, 2011

Marathon!

Saturday Oct. 1 was the St. George marathon. I trained for 5 months to run this and 2 weeks before the race I got a stress fracture in my hip and so I could not run. I cried for several days, I was so dissapointed to say the least. I know it seems crazy to be dissapointed to not go torture myself by running 26.2 miles in 80 - 90 degree heat, but I was ready and had worked so hard. My son Aaron and son in law Jonny ran without me and did awesome! Here they are after the race, still smiling I might add.

2 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Sorry you weren't able to run! Prayers your way for a quick recovery!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Adrian said...

AWWWW! Sorry u did not get to run! Hope you get better really soon!