Friday, January 30, 2015

Purse Money Holder Card and Envelope

My daughter just had a baby (her 4th boy! oldest is 6, yes she is a busy mom!) and her sweet husband called me and asked me to if I would make her a card.  He said "something with clothes on it or something like that, I am going to give her a bunch of money to go shopping for new clothes."  How sweet is that?!  He really is a great husband and father and I have to say it son in law.  I am incredibly lucky I know, all of my in law kids are amazing!!  Anyway sorry I get talking about my family and I could go on forever!
So this is what I came up with for him.  This is the envelope and the ribbon acts like a belly band so it will just slide off.  The envelope came with the purse and they are from the Silhouette store it is by Samantha Walker.  The handle folds down to fit in the envelope and the front has a small piece of velcro holding it shut. It has a nice big pocket on the inside to hold either a check or cash or whatever you want really.


Front


Back


Inside


8 comments:

Debbie said...

Congratulations to your daughter and husband!! (I have 4 and my oldest was 5 1/2 when my youngest was born) Congrats to you, too, Grandma!

Beautiful money holder! I love the purse and your papers!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby, Gwen!! This is such an amazing money holder!! The purse is gorgeous!! I love the papers you used!! Congrats again - what a blessing!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Joan Smith said...

AWWWW What a super sweet story.
Congrats my dear on your new grand baby! love your purse money holder it is truly such a clever and oh so creative idea...You sure do come up with amazing and fabulous ideas.

I am so excited for you and your family thanks for sharing all about your loving family. YOU ROCK!!

Migdalia said...

Congratulations on your new grandbaby!!
WOW!! Love your Beautiful projects!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

MyWorldMyPerspective said...

So lovely!

Sherrie K. said...

oooh, what a guy~how sweet! Congrats to your daughter and family! How exciting and what a precious picture of Rhett!! Simply adorable! Congrats to you to Grandma!
Hugs,
Sherrie K

oh, your purse is fabulous! I am gonna have to check out that cut at the Silhouette Store...love that it has a matching envelope!

Craftyretiredlady said...

congrats! cute purse

Heather K said...

This purse is genius