Monday, July 11, 2016

I thought I would share a few more photos from my trip to Peru.  I hope you don't mind.


We visited a village about 200 miles into the Amazon.  This little girl was so shy and sweet, she let me hold her little sloth...I now want a sloth!!  It snuggled in and was so soft, I loved it!


Fishing for Piranha on the Amazon River.  I caught the most on our boat, 5.  I also caught the largest one on the boat, although we didn't get a photo of that one.  We took them back to our lodge and they cooked them up for us for lunch.  I didn't eat any I don't like fish but my hubby said it was good.


This little guy is a Tapir.  He wandered in from the forest looking for something to eat and as you can see was very friendly!


We walked on top of the canopy about 120 feet in the air, it was amazing!


We went to a small island that is a reserve for animals and as soon as we got off the boat we were swarmed by animals looking for something to eat.


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness, Gwen, what an amazing trip!! Wow!! The animals are amazing!! A sloth!! Not many people can say they've fished for piranha on the Amazon!! These are spectacular!! I hope there are more pics!! Thanks so much for sharing my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts